D-Link Begins Selling Omna 180 Camera
The first in D-Link’s Omna family of HomeKit enabled devices, the Omna 180 Cam HD provides an easy way for users to monitor their home for extra peace of mind. Omna’s HomeKit integration allows users to be “always home” and includes advanced security features with end-to-end encryption and authentication between the camera and an iPhone or iPad.
When activity is detected, users will receive a rich notification on their lock screen, delivered via the Apple Home app, showing a live feed from the camera. Users can even access their Omna remotely to see what’s happening in their home in real time1.
Availability and Pricing
- The Omna 180 Cam HD is available for purchase now at Apple.com and will be available at Apple stores around the world later this month.
- The Omna 180 Cam HD will retail for £199.95 (RRP inc VAT).
D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD (DSH-C310) Key Features:
Omna’s HomeKit integration allows users to be ‘always home.’ Seeing everything through your iOS device offers extra peace of mind – keeping an eye on your baby in the nursery, checking on an elderly relative, watching your dog in the living room, or helping ensure homes are safe while on vacation2.
- 180-Degree Field of View – Omna is derived from the Latin word ‘omnis’ meaning all-encompassing. Most cameras offer a limited 130-degree lens, while D-Link’s unique 180-degree solutions and de-warping technology allow users to see just about everywhere and everything.
- Dynamic Video Streaming – The video bitrate continuously adjusts to ensure optimal performance given the available bandwidth.
- Two-Way Audio– Listen and speak using the camera’s built-in microphone and speaker, so even when users are not at home they can still make their presence known.
- Night Vision – See up to 5 meters in complete darkness with infrared night vision.
- Motion Detection – Triggers alerts and automatic video clip recording.
- Local Recording –Record motion detection triggered video clips directly to a microSD3 card up to 128 GB, with remote playback capabilities. Offers pre-event snapshot and recording, with more flexibility on recording video locally to the camera without impacting network or Internet bandwidth. All with no recurring monthly fees.
- Stylish Design – The camera is designed to fit effortlessly into the modern home with an elegant, discreet and stylish design.
1. Remote access via the Apple Home app requires Apple TV (4th generation) with tvOS 10.1 or later or iPad running iOS 10.1 or later
2. Controlling the Omna 180 Cam HD away from home requires an Apple TV (4th generation or later) with tvOS 10.1 or later or iPad with iOS 10.1 or later.
3. microSD card not included.
Back to News